This past weekend, we had a beautiful Christmas themed wedding and thought there was no better day than today to share with you all, our favorite Christmas themed wedding ideas! Whether you’re wanting subtle Christmas decor, or a full blown winter wonderland wedding, we’ve got some incredible ideas coming your way! Enjoy!!
CHRISTMAS WEDDING TIKTOK LINKED HERE!
Be sure to follow us on TIKTOK for more wedding planning tips and tricks!
Having a theme to your wedding is definitely not a must. Though having a theme can absolutely make your wedding day not only stand out to your guests but can also be a way to be completely unique and special to you as a couple! You may have decided on a Christmas themed wedding because this is the time of year you love the most as a couple! Showcasing you two as a couple during your wedding day is what it’s all about, so adding in those fun and unique memories through decor is such a special way to make your big day something so magical!
These are some of our favorite Christmas themed wedding ideas we are sharing with you in hopes it gives you all the ideas and inspiration to come up with and create special ideas for your big day! If there’s an idea you love but decided to make it your own, we would LOVE to see what you did to make it unique and special! Comment below on this blog post or simply reach out to us via social media or tag us in your photos. This type of thing makes us so happy!
Christmas Themed Wedding Ideas:
- Fake snow lining the aisle (pillow insert cotton could be useful for this!)
- Ornament wedding favors (these could be regular round ornaments or you can have shaped ones like snowflakes, pinecones, etc.!)
- Christmas trees on either side of the altar. Or small ones lining the aisles!
- Lots of greenery
- Ribbon and bows of your color! Maybe even velvet!
- Deep red and forest green colors OR frosty white and blue!
- Gingerbread house activity for the kids table. This could also be cookie decorating or letters to Santa etc!
- Poinsettias make for a beautiful Christmas flower!
- Large nutcracker (or other!) figures at the entrance of the venue when guests walk in!
- Frosted tree branches as centerpieces!
- Bride & Groom (or bridal party) entrance can be started with the magical sound of Santa’s bells!
- Snowflake decor (centerpieces, favors, cake design etc.!)
- Reindeer figures in centerpieces!
- MUSIC: Choose Christmas themed songs to walk down the aisle to/playing while guests wait/during cocktail hour/dinner etc.!
Christmas Themed Wedding Ideas:
- Lanterns! Whichever accent color you choose, lanterns are a beautiful piece to add to your decor!
- Pinecones placed in your greenery! (Bouquet, centerpiece, ceremony arrangements, boutonnières, etc.)
- Photo shoot with Santa! Many people have a Photo Booth or station at their wedding, how unique would it be to invite Santa there too!
- Hot chocolate bar! This could be a signature drink, or a fun station off to the side. You can even have a spiked version!
- Placing a mistletoe at the altar for when you share your first kiss as a married couple!
- Themed name cards (pinecones, wooden ornaments, snowflakes, present boxes, etc!)
- Gingerbread men cookie favors! If you’re going for a more edible favor, Christmas cookies would be super cute!
- Snow globe snowflake guest book! Having your guests write their names on snowflakes and putting it inside a globe. You’ll forever have the most beautiful and meaningful Christmas decoration! We found this one on Etsy that we think you’d love!
- Fake snow confetti while exiting the ceremony! These could also be small white rose petals that look like snow flurries in photos!
- Garland & wreaths with lights anywhere possible!!
- Christmas cookie dessert bar! If you Choose to do a dessert bar, Christmas cookies or mini gingerbread houses are such a cute idea.
We hope you enjoyed this blog post, and found it helpful for your Christmas themed wedding day! We’d love to be more resourceful for you, so be sure to check out our recent blog posts, and browse through our website for more information on wedding planning and or hiring a virtual wedding planner! And don’t forget to grab your FREE wedding day checklist 🙂
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY WEDDING PLANNING!
We hope you have an amazing weekend with friends, family, and everyone you love! Happy Holidays from your wedding(duo) Besties, Serena & Dominic!
If you aren’t already, follow along with us on Instagram / tiktok / YouTube / and our Podcast for more tips and tricks on how to DIY your own wedding… but with a plan!